Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mitosis by Una and Austin

Mitosis Tutorial
1. Which stage does the following occur
Chromatin condenses into chromosomes
Prophase
Chromosomes align in center of cell.
Metaphase
Longest part of the cell cycle.
Interphase
Nuclear envelope breaks down.
Prometaphase
Cell is cleaved into two new daughter cells.
Anaphase
Daughter chromosomes arrive at the poles.
Telophase



The colored chromosomes represent chromatids. There are two of each color because one is an exact duplicate of the other.
How many chromosomes are visible at the beginning of mitosis? 8



How many are in each daughter cell at the end of mitosis? 4



The little green T shaped things on the cell are: centrioles



What happens to the centrioles during mitosis? They will divide after the DNA replicates.



3 . Identify the stages of these cells:

Telophase



Metaphase
Prophase

Another Mitosis Animation


(I tried to put the boxes in but it didn't really work!)
Prophase- The nucleus is in the center of the cell, and the chromosomes are in the middle of the nucleus.
Metaphase- The centrioles are being pulled to the opposite sides. There are also many spindle fibers connected to the centrioles and the chromosomes are in the middle.
Telophase- The chromosomes are in V shapes and the spindle fibers are connected to the centrioles.


Onion Root Tip - Online Activity


Read the introduction, then click the “next” button.




You will have 36 cells to classify. When you’re finished, record your data in the chart below.




Interphase Prophase Metaphase Anaphase Telophase Total


Number of Cells 20 10 3 2 1 36


Percent of Cells 56% 28% 8% 6% 2% 100%




Mitosis in Whitefish & Onion Roots


For each organism, identify the stage of mitosis.






View 1 View 2 View 3 View 4 View 5


White fish Telophase Metaphase Prophase Telophase NONE




Onion Anaphase Prophase Interphase Interphase Telophase







1 comment:

  1. How I became a happy woman again
    With tears of joy and happiness i am giving out my testimony to all viewers on line, my problem with Stomach Cancer stage IB has caused me many pains and sadness especially in my family.
    I was so afraid of loosing my life, I suffered the embarrassment of visiting
    therapy hundreds of times, unfortunately they did not find a definitive solution to my problem, I cried all day and night, do I have to live my life this way? I searched all true the internet for care, I was scammed by internet fraudsters times without numbers… until a friend of mine who stays in the UK introduced me to a friend of hers who was cured of the same disease, and she introduced me to Dr Itua who cured her from Breast Cancer by this email/WhatsApp +2348149277967, drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. I contacted him and he promised that all will be fine and I had faith.He send me his herbnal medicines through Courier servcie and i was instructed on how to drink it for three weeks to cure,I followed the instruction given to me and Today am a happy woman again. He cures all kind of diseases like__Brain cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Ovarian cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Herpes,,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia.

    ReplyDelete